Volunteer and work opportunities
Abbott School Tales and Talents Program
Abbott School (12045 34 Street) serves elementary school children in Edmonton’s northeast. Many of the Abbott students have experienced significant and toxic stress which has a negative impact on growth and development. This program, supported by Sage, helps improve the “Executive Functions” of the young brain and provides opportunities to learn to be flexible; to use working memory; to plan and organize; and to stop and think before acting. Senior volunteers both encourage and model these behaviours with in-class support from the school mental health nurse.
- Wednesday afternoons from 12:45 to 3 p.m. during the school year
- While an on-going commitment is appreciated, a “drop-in when you can” model is also offered
- Desire to work with children
- Ability to get to and from the school
- Opportunity to work with young children who really enjoy the program
- Experiencing the joy of really making a difference in young lives
- Training opportunities to learn new skills
- Opportunity to socialize with a great group of volunteers
- Coffee and treats
For more information or an opportunity to visit the program contact Ron Nichol at 780 465-2368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TELUS World of Science – Edmonton: Fall 2018 Volunteer Opportunities
Your experience could open a door to discovery! Help others discover the world and beyond in a fun and interactive environment. A variety of unique opportunities await you in educational or ambassador roles as a volunteer staff member at TELUS World of Science – Edmonton!
- Educational Positions: Science Garage Workshop Assistant, Gallery Interpreter, Birthday Party Assistant, and Assistant Observatory Attendant
- Guest Services Volunteer Hosting and Ambassador Positions: Hospitality Hosts and School Program Host
- School Programs Positions: Assistant School Programs Leader
Weekend and week day shifts are available.
Fore more information visit the TELUS World of Science - Edmonton volunteer web page or contact Volunteer Resources at 780-452-9100 or by email at email@example.com.
Front Desk Help and Kitchen Cashiers and Helpers
Mill Woods Seniors Association
MWSA is currently looking for Front Desk Help and Kitchen Cashiers and Helpers during the weekday. Commitment is a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week for at least three months. Training will be provided.
Other opportunities are also available (possibly evenings).
Inquire by visiting MWSA at #201-2610 Hewes Way or calling 780-496-2997.
Weekday volunteer opportunities with Edmonton Meals on Wheels
Are you looking to get more involved in your community and give back to those who need some extra help? Join Edmonton Meals on Wheels for weekday volunteering opportunities. Extra helping hands are always needed in the kitchen, as well as for delivering meals. To get involved, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Edmonton Meals on Wheels office at 780-429-2020.
Drive Happiness, a local not for profit, is urgently looking for volunteer drivers. If you enjoy chatting with seniors and like to drive, they would love to hear from you. Volunteer drivers make their own schedule and select where they will drive.
Drive Happiness offers a small reimbursement to go to towards gas and vehicle wear and tear. Call 780-424-5438 ext. 2 for details.
Search Edmonton volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Connector
Third Quarter specializes in recruitment services for mature Canadian job seekers 45+.