We welcome organizations and individuals interested in seniors-sector issues to become members of the Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council. Membership in ESCC is available in one of three categories:
- Senior-serving organizations are charities or not-for-profit organizations incorporated under appropriate statutes of Alberta or Canada or of any other jurisdiction and authorized to operate in Alberta that provide social and recreational programs and/or social support services for Edmonton’s aging population.
- Supportive organizations are organizations that have an interest in the delivery of services to seniors and do not meet the criteria above (i.e. for-profit organizations or organizations based outside of Edmonton).
- Members at large are individuals or honorary appointees that have an interest in the delivery of supports and services to seniors.
The membership fee is $50 for senior- serving and senior-supporting organizations and $10 for members at large.
Membership is valid from January 1 to December 31.
Value of being an ESCC member
By belonging to the ESCC you are becoming part of a network of organizations working to build capacity in the seniors sector and enhance the lives of Edmonton seniors. Your organization:
- has input on sector initiatives and collaborates with other stakeholders in the seniors sector to find solutions
- can participate in information networks and collaborations to increase sector learning
- benefits from information, resources and professional development opportunities shared by ESCC
- facilitates collaboration among seniors organizations in Edmonton and brings stakeholders together to work on projects that improve coordination of services for seniors
- assists in identifying service overlaps and/or duplication in order to make more effective use of resources
- Identifies key seniors’ issues and opportunities for member organizations to address these issues to improve quality of life for seniors
- supports our members in building their capacity so they can effectively meet the needs of Edmonton seniors
Interested in becoming an ESCC member? Contact email@example.com.