Age Friendly Edmonton
Age Friendly Edmonton is an initiative of the Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council, supported by the City of Edmonton.
Age Friendly Edmonton (AFE) seeks to build a city that values, respects, and actively supports the well-being of older adults. In working towards this, AFE strives to ensure that:
- Seniors are engaged, participating, and contributing to their communities
- Seniors are safe and well in their home and communities
- Seniors are respected and included
- Seniors have access to the programs, services, and resources they need
We at Age Friendly Edmonton believe that age is a gift to our city.
Age Friendly Edmonton includes four 'Action Hubs,' in which dedicated volunteers work on projects and push for policy changes supporting older adults. These Action Hubs include:
- Reducing Ageism
- Supporting Aging in Place
- Responding to Diversity and Inclusion
- Intergenerational Connections
Toolkit for Fostering Inclusion in Senior-Serving Organizations
This Toolkit was a collaboration between Age Friendly Edmonton and the Edmonton Social Planning Council. The document includes a checklist to see if your organization could be fostering more inclusion.