Student Position: Contact Lists Management System Administrator – POSTING CLOSED
Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council (ESCC) requires a summer student with excellent Microsoft Office, technical, communicating, and organizing skills to undertake the following:
- Research a Contact Management System program app for ESCC’s contacts that is compatible with Microsoft Office 365.
- Become familiar with ESCC’s current contact management, procedures and file management systems.
- Meet with supervisor and other coworkers to acquire a good understanding of each file management practices.
- Cooperatively identify gaps, duplication, and areas for improvement.
- Data entry of ESCC contacts into new program.
- Create distribution lists.
- Work independently, write/draft step-by-step procedures and work instructions consistent on how to use new contact management system.
- Create training program for ESCC staff on new system.
- Facilitate training of ESCC staff on new system.
- In consultation with coworkers, examine existing records management systems with an eye to potential improvements (to filing protocols, logical and accessible locations, etc.).
- Recommend improvements and follow through with updates as directed by supervisor.
- Assist with data entry (or data cleaning) as requested to update specific records.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; MS Teams is required.
- Experience working with contact list management systems.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and capable of creating organizational systems that others easily utilize.
- Ability to manage updates/revisions to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Understanding of how to handle confidential information.
- Detail oriented and imaginative.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member.
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector is an asset.
Education (working towards a degree or diploma in):
- Computer Science
- Business Administration
- Library Sciences or Records Management
- Office Administration
- Or related to any of the above
- Compensation: $20/hr.
- Hours per Week: 37.5
- Duration of Employment: Summer 8 weeks.
- Start Date: Monday, June 5, 2023
How to Apply:
- Email application to: email@example.com
- Application Deadline: Friday, May 19, 2023, 11:59 pm.